Monday 4 November 2013

Autumn has made a lot of changes in my evergreen garden

I haven't been writing my blog in English for a long time. Last information was posted here in the middle of September. Please forgive me such a long brake. Lots of different things happend since that time. But I have to say sorry to all of you who came here and saw nothing new. I only wrote my blog in Polish. English has been forgotten until today. 

But I'm back and i promise to post here some news much more often than before. maybe not everyday, just few times a week. I hope it's gonna be good for you. 

Today I'm going to take you to a short journey through my garden in autumn 2013. So let's start our voyage.

First days of October brought some autumn fogs to my garden. It really looked mysterious and incredible.


Morning sun warmed the wet air and shortly the sky was clean.


When I woke up on Friday October 4, I noticed that it was a little bit freezing. It was not a very heavy frost, just -1 C, but it painted my neighbour garden in white.


As every year each October the leaves on the trees started to change their colours. This japanees maple should be red all the seaseon but it grows in quite shady part of my garden, so it always starts to be really red just in autumn.


Some flowers still grew outside, but only the most hardy flowers withstood the first slightly freezing morning.


A small maple changed its colours every day. It was really beautiful. I wish it looked like that through the whole season. No Photoshop or any other colour changes added.


In the mid October big trees like oaks, common maples, birches and others also started to change their colours. 



I love spring and summer, I hate winter and I do not like autumn because it gives the first signes of coming winter. Days are shorter, temperature drops down, but when I look at the trees I always forget about all of these bed things. The festival of colours really make me happy. And I am lucky to live in the area where I can observe it just from the balcony or through the window.

November has just started and there are still some flowers on my balcony. But I do believe that these days will be one of the last for them.


I still need to cut the lawn. I thing it will be last cutting this year. I do need to clean the leaves from the pine bark, which is not seen at all at the moment. But believe me, it lays under the leaves in the areas where there is no grass.


I will inform you soon how the weather condition changes here in the central part of Poland and how it affects my garden and my evergreen broadleaf plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment