Wednesday 27 November 2013

Is it winter?

Late autumn in Poland can bring entirely different weather conditions. We experienced +10 C (50F) just few days ago. Today when I woke up in the morning I noticed -3C (26,6F) outside of the kitchen window. just berore 8 A.M. it started to snow. I wasn't a heavy snow but it made the ground white. Weather forecasts say that it's gonna be a little bit warmer next days. but we have to be ready for winter coming closer and closer. i don't like this part of the year. Plants in my garden do not like winter neither. Most of them are frost hardy enough but some can withstand temperature down to -15C (5F). Those should be covered to prevent them from a hard frost (if appear). They also don't tolerate winter draught and freezing winds. Luckily I live in the forest so we don't have here such a strong winds.

Let's visit my garden covered with a tiny white snow coverage.





You will soon find here some information about different frost hardy evergreen plants. I will also tell you how to treat them in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment