Sunday 9 March 2014

Spring!

Fabruary did not bring a real winter. It was thaw here and snow that had come in January disapeared during first 10 days of February. Until now March has been really nice with some sun and quite high temeprature. Today it's been the warmest day this year. Temperature rised to +15 C (in shadow) and to +28 C in sunny places! That was really nice. Sunday was also the first day this year whe I ran my bike! Great. I was dreaming about it all throuhg the winter time.



When I came back home I took my camera and I went to the garden to look for some signs of spring. I also checked a condition of evergreen broadleaf shrubs.


I can say that all of plants withstood winter without any damages caused by the snow or frost. 

Hedera aarborescens looks quite good.


Aucuba japonica is going to grow new leaves.


Prunus laurocerasus Herbergii is in a very good condition.


The whole garden looks really nice.



Few days ago I planted some pansies. Some of them grow in flowerpots which I put on the stairs. 


I do hope that winter is not going to come back. Within few days I will inform you if the weather is still good and I will also show you condition of my plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment