Monday 13 January 2014

Still waiting for winter

Last few weeks brought here in the central part of Poland some warm air from the south. But weather has just started to change and it's getting colder. It was -2 C (28,4 F) today early morning, just before sunrise. Then we had a very beautiful day with a lot of sunshine.


I always try to find different websites providing proffesional weather forecasts in the net. Most of them forecasted winter would come to Poland the next week. It is not very cold now, there is no snow outside but temperature has just dropped below 0 C (32 F). 

Yestarday I protected my frost hardy palm tree (Trachycarpus Wagnerianus) but I think it is still a little bit too warm to protect other not so hardy plants like aucuba japonica or skimmia japonica. They tolerate temperatures down to -15 or -17 C (5 F to 0 F).


Cold air froze my pond. I found tiny ice coverage there. And fishes swimming just below it.


Today in the afternoon I noticed huge cloud which looked like mountains. This front came from the west and quicly covered beautiful blue sky.


I think that winter with snow and frost will come sooner or later. Be sure that I will inform you about that here on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment